From Kresge Library
Compiled By Corey Seeman
- About the site: Nutrition Data's continuing goal is to provide the most accurate and comprehensive nutrition analysis available, and to make it accessible and understandable to all.
- Nice features include Nutrition News, Nutrition Data Blog, Diet and Weight Loss Blog and many others
- Great source for caloric content of brand-name foods
- Nice features include: Food Database (with nutritional content for grocery store and restaurant foods), Recipes and Articles, and other freely available content
- From the George Mateljan Foundation (author of the book of the same name as the site)
- Nice features includes nutritional information about the 129 most nutritional foods - including fruits, vegetables, seafood, nuts, beans, etc.
- Also includes Recipes for these natural foods
 Ann Arbor Area Nutrition
- Located in Kerrytown, this Farmer's Market runs Wednesday and Saturday during the growing season, and Saturdays year round.
- Market Hours: May through December: Wednesday & Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m (January through April: Saturday Only, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Saline Farmers Market
- Located in downtown Saline (South Ann Arbor Street, just south of Michigan Avenue - click for map)
- Market hours: Saturday from 8am to noon, May through October
- "Enjoy the small town flavor and big city style of this market which features fresh produce, plants and flowers from local growers, specialty items such as jams, jellies, baked goods, seasonal corn stalks, Indian corn, wreaths and more."
- Located in Zingerman's Roadhouse parking lot on the corner of Maple and Jackson
- Market hours are Thursdays 3:00-7:00 PM from June 3 to September 30, 2010