Round Island (St. Mary’s River) Light
Round Island, Michigan
Located in the lower St. Mary's River, just above Lime Island, this structure has been lovingly restored by a Charlevoix businessman, Paul Lindberg and his wife Georgeann. It was built in 1892 to help guide vessels through a group of islands in the St. Mary's River. It is a 1-1/2 story, wood frame keepers dwelling with a square wooden tower attached to the front side facing the river. The original iron hexagonal lantern room remains, but the light was moved in 1923 to a nearby skeletal tower. Privately owned, it can only be viewed by boat.
- Return to Forty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
- Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
- Photographs by Donald W. Carter
- Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.
This article was last modified on 1/26/2010.