Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey is an independent project which seeks to meld the work of photographer and lighthouse enthusiast Donald W. Carter with a comprehensive guide to the lighthouses of Michigan, The Great Lakes, America, and the world.
 Ways to Navigate
- An Expedition Journal, kept by Diana Carter as she and Don traveled to photograph the lighthouses.
- An Alphabetical Listing of all of the lighthouses.
- A Geographical Listing, with the lighthouses listed by bodies of water, political boundaries, etc.
 Other Resources
- A Lighthouse Bibliography, containing works on the subject of lighthouses, many of which were used as references in creating these documents.
These documents are an evolving resource. Please be patient as new parts are continually being added.
--- Latest Trip ---
- Fifty-fourth Lighthouse Expedition
- Hawaii with the U.S. Lighthouse Society, September 29 - October 12, 2011
There are now over 650 lighthouses in this site!
Don and Diana can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com. Comments about this exhibition should be sent to that address. Please do not send attached pictures or other files with your messages.
This resource has moved to http://light.pkinst.org/ Please update your links.
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
- Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
- Photographs by Donald W. Carter
- Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.
This article was last modified on 12/5/2011.