Admiralty Head Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Admiralty Head Light in 2006 - 47th trip
Admiralty Head Light in 2006 - 47th trip

Whidbey Island, Washington

Built: 1903

Decommissioned: 1922

This 30 foot tall stucco-clad brick tower and attached two-story California Spanish style stucco keeper's quarters sit on a high bluff over the Admiralty Inlet into Puget Sound from the Strait of Juan de Fuca. It replaced the original wood frame lighthouse which had been built in 1860 but had to be torn down when Fort Casey and its fortifications were built. The keeper's quarters currently house an interpretive center, museum and gift shop. The light is no longer active.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 1/29/2010.

Personal tools