Black Rock Harbor Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Black Rock Harbor Light in 1997 - 28th trip
Black Rock Harbor Light in 1997 - 28th trip

Bridgeport, Connecticut

Built: 1823

Decommissioned: 1932

This 41-foot tall octagonal stone tower replaced the original 1809 wooden tower and is located on the south end of Fayerweather Island where it guided ships into Black Rock Harbor. Since 1983 the Friends of Seaside Park have restored the light's appearance and helped protect it against vandalism.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/4/2009.

Personal tools