Cabot Head Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Cabot Head Light in 1990 - 9th trip
Cabot Head Light in 1990 - 9th trip

Dyers Bay, Ontario

Built: 1896

The Friends of Cabot Head are restoring this lighthouse, which has been turned into a museum. The two story keeper's house is a large, white clapboard structure. The light tower was removed from its red shingled roof long ago. The "Friends" hope to eventually top the building with a replica tower. [Update: Restoration is complete with the tower being replaced by an enclosed observation deck.]

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/3/2013.

Personal tools