Cana Island Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Cana Island Light in 2003 - 41st trip
Cana Island Light in 2003 - 41st trip

Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin

Built: 1870

This light originally had a conical yellow brick tower. It was sheathed with steel plates in 1901 to prevent further deterioration of the brickwork. Today, this still operating lighthouse is licensed to the Door County Maritime Museum and is open to the public 10:00 to 5:00 daily between mid May and mid October. The tower, however, is not accessible to the public.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/4/2009.

Personal tools