Cheboygan Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search

Cheboygan, Michigan

Built: 1853

Decommissioned: 1920

The oldest of the Cheboygan lighthouses was abandoned by the Coast Guard in 1920. Subsequently, vandals damaged the buildings to such an extent that they had to be torn down for safety reasons. Today, all that exists of the lighthouse are a few short wall fragments and red bricks scattered throughout the bushes.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 5/12/2009.

Personal tools