False Duck Island Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
False Duck Island Light in 1995 - 23rd trip
False Duck Island Light in 1995 - 23rd trip

South Bay, Quinte's Isle, Ontario

Built: 1967

This 30 foot tall tower was built as a memorial to the seamen of Prince Edward County who had lost their lives in Lake Ontario waters. The lantern and light atop the tower are from the original lighthouse on False Duck Island which served from 1829 until 1965, when a new, modern structure was built on the island. This monument is now part of the Mariner's Memorial Park and Museum.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/4/2009.

Personal tools