Fish Island Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Fish Island Light in 2009 - 50th trip
Fish Island Light in 2009 - 50th trip

Malpeque, Prince Edward Island

Built: 1876

Decommissioned: 1961

This 14 meter (46 foot) square pyramidal wood tower was formerly attached to a 1-1/2 story wood keeper's house. In 1989 the keeper's house was demolished and the light tower was relocated by helicopter (in two sections) to Cabot Beach Provincial Park, where it sits today at the entrance to Malpeque Bay.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 9/2/2009.

Personal tools