Grand Island West Channel Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Grand Island West Channel Light in 1994 - 19th trip
Grand Island West Channel Light in 1994 - 19th trip

Christmas, Michigan

Built: 1868

Decommissioned: 1913

Also known as the End of the Road Rear Range Light, this defunct light at the west entrance to Munising Harbor was recently saved by the U.S. Forest Service. The front range light, located near the shore of Lake Superior, is a small white steel cylinder.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/4/2009.

Personal tools