Nayatt Point Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Nayatt Point Light in 1997 - 28th trip
Nayatt Point Light in 1997 - 28th trip

Barrington, Rhode Island

Built: 1856

Decommissioned: 1868

This 25-foot tall light with two-story keeper's residence is located across Providence Harbor from Warwick. It replaced the original light built here in 1828. It has been privately owned since 1890. (In the picture, note Conimicut Light out in the water.)

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/4/2009.

Personal tools