Old Fairport Main Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Old Fairport Main Light in 1991 - 11th trip
Old Fairport Main Light in 1991 - 11th trip

Fairport, Ohio

Built: 1871

Decommissioned: 1925

This present sandstone tower replaced the first badly deteriorated tower that had been built in 1825. Today the Fairport Harbor Historical Society maintains the lighthouse as a marine museum.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/3/2009.

Personal tools