Old Long Point Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Old Long Point Light in 1991 - 11th trip
Old Long Point Light in 1991 - 11th trip

Long Point, Ontario

Built: 1879

Decommissioned: 1916

This light once marked a natural channel that had been cut through the Long Point peninsula during a storm. It was originally called the Cut Light. Finally the channel was completely filled in and eventually the light was abandoned. Today it is a private residence.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/3/2009.

Personal tools