Pemaquid Point Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Pemaquid Point Light in 1986 - Maiden Journey
Pemaquid Point Light in 1986 - Maiden Journey

Pemaquid Point, Maine

Built: 1835

Automated: 1934

This 38 foot tall, conical rubblestone tower is located at Pemaquid Point on the western side of Muscongus Bay. It's current fourth order Fresnel lens was installed in 1856 and was Maine's first light to be automated in 1934. The tower is owned by the Coast Guard, but the remainder of the property is owned by the town of Bristol which operates the Fisherman's Museum, located in the keeper's house.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 9/2/2009.

Personal tools