Port Dalhousie Rear Range Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Port Dalhousie Rear Range Light in 1995 - 23rd trip
Port Dalhousie Rear Range Light in 1995 - 23rd trip

Port Dalhousie, Ontario

Built: 1898

Automated: 1969

Decommissioned: 1988

This light is the third rear range light to be built at this site. The first one was built in 1852 and was replaced in 1893 by a new, second light. The second light was destroyed by lightening. The current white, tapered octagonal tower is 40 feet tall. This light, along with the front range light, stands at the entrance to Port Dalhousie Harbor where Michigan Beach stretches along the shore of Lake Ontario.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/4/2009.

Personal tools