Saugeen River Front Range Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
Saugeen River Front Range Light in 1990 - 9th trip
Saugeen River Front Range Light in 1990 - 9th trip

Southampton, Ontario

Built: 1903

The first light at the entrance to the Saugeen River was established in 1883. This current 32 foot-tall structure is identical to the rear range light except this light rests at the end of a narrow concrete pier that juts 80 feet out into Lake Huron.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 6/3/2009.

Personal tools