The Cuckolds Light

From lighthouses

Jump to: navigation, search
The Cuckolds Light in 2002 - 40th trip
The Cuckolds Light in 2002 - 40th trip

Newagen, Maine

Built: 1907

Automated: 1975

Located off Cape Newagen, at the southern tip of Southport Island, this small light tower sits atop the original 1892 stone fog signal building and marks the passage between Sheepscot Bay and Booth Bay. The keeper's house and other outbuildings were washed away during a winter storm in 1978. The original fourth-order Fresnel lens is now on display at the Shore Village Museum in Rockland, Maine.

Navigational Options

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey

Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2011 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.

This article was last modified on 9/2/2009.

Personal tools