Histling discussion group
Discussion group for historical linguistics.
Organizer: Sally Thomason
All meetings are from 2:10 to 3:00 in room 403 Lorch Hall
 Current Semester
Fall 2013 HistLing Discussion Group Schedule:
- Fri. Sept. 13: TBA
- Fri. Sept. 20: TBA
- Fri. Oct. 11: TBA
- Fri. Oct. 25: TBA
- Fri. Nov. 8: TBA
- Fri. Nov. 22: TBA
- Fri. Dec. 5: TBA
 Past Semesters
FALL 2010 HistLing Discussion Group Schedule:
- Oct. 1: Rob Burling on the evolution of lg.
- Oct. 15: Terry Szymanski: Computational Linguistics & Ancient Writing ?Scripts?
- (Additional materials are also posted on the CTools site)
- Andrew Lawler. The Indus Script--Write or Wrong? (17 December 2004). Science 306 (5704), 2026.
- Rao et al. 2009. Entropic Evidence for Linguistic Structure in the Indus Script. Science 324(5931). 1165.
- LanguageLog - "Sproat asks the question" -- with links to various other discussions on this topic.
- Oct. 29: Ben Fortson, The rise of new grammatical categories
- Nov. 12: Bill Baxter & Mike Opper, Language contact & change in China
- Dec. 3: Steve Dworkin, Historical Romance linguistics