Welcome to the Radmind wiki. To edit this wiki, you must login using your University of Michigan uniqname or friend account. Friend accounts are free to anyone with a valid e-mail address and can be created here.
There is currently a bug in the wiki code that may require you to save or preview an entry twice. This is a known issue and is being worked on...
- Radmind FAQ - Answers to frequently asked questions.
- Radmind Manual for Mac OS X - Gives a full overview of Radmind and a thorough description of the Radmind Assistant. Original version by Ofir Gal.
- Command Line Tutorial - Describes how to use the Radmind client and server tools to maintain a group of machines. This tutorial is slightly Mac OS X oriented, but the lessons are applicable to any Unix platform.
- TLS Cookbook - This cookbook describe how to create an SSL Certificate Authority, issue certificates, and configure Radmind to use SSL Certificates to authenticate the Radmind server and Radmind-managed machines.
- PAM Cookbook - This cookbook describes how to configure and use pluggable authentication modules (PAM) for the Radmind server on Mac OS 10.2 and higher.
- Book - An outline for a book on Radmind. Moved from wikibooks.
- Glossary - Definitions for terms common to a Radmind deployment.
- Radmind-pc - Information on the Windows port of Radmind.
- GUI Build Instructions - basic instructions on how to check out the source for the GUI tools and build them.
- Managing system.keychain - information about how to manage the system keychain
- McAfee Security for Mac OS X - a recipe for managing McAfee Security and/or VirusScan
Positive Reference Transcripts
- 10.5.0-positive - A positive transcript of Mac OS X 10.5.0 before it is booted.
- 10.5.7-positive - A positive transcript of Mac OS X 10.5.0 with 10.5.7 combo applied in an unbooted state with no negative applied
- 10.5-directory-info - Listing of directories and files in Mac OS X 10.5 for consideration for inclusion in a negative transcript.
The Exclude patterns page describes some ways to construct excludes for your command files, and provides examples.
Lists of pre-built excludes include:
- Post-apply scripts
- GenAppTran.sh - Create and store transcripts for drag and drop applications.
- GenTran.sh - Create and store transcripts for a single file.
- Syntax Files - Radmind syntax highlighting files for various text editors
- transcriptCleanup.pl - Helpful script for identifying and cleaning up unused transcripts and command files
- merge_files.rb - Assists with using lmerge on a large number or transcripts with version numbers (basic template)
- radmind downloads are available from SourceForge.
- Package Creation
- Radmind Toolbox
- PrinterSetup (print queue deployment system designed for use with radmind)
- Mac OS X ToolBox
- radmind-users Main user mailing list. Join here.
- radmind-users archive SourceForge archives. Can be slow, or down. Currently provides the most comprehensive archive.
- radmind-users archive mirror Google group containing messages since October 11, 2006.
- SF.net support Report SF.net outages (mailing list not working, searches failing)